Saturday, February 8, 2014

Catalina Chernavvsky Sequeira and Emma Leeds Armstrong for People's Daily

Do You Know Your Country 2.0?
By Catalina Chernavvsky Sequeira and Emma Leeds Armstrong in Baltimore (People’s Daily)


Name: Colombia
Capital: Caracas... I think (Correct answer: Bogota)
Location: South America
Type of Government: Yes, there is a government (Correct answer: Constitutional Republic)
Leader: None (Correct answer: Juan Manuel Santos)

Name: Bolivia
Capital: I have no idea (Correct answer: Sucre)
Location: South America somewhere
Type of Government: Republic
Leader: Mendez I want to say (Correct answer: Evo Morales)

Name: Finland
Capital: Helsinki
Location: Europe
Type of Government: Free Market Economy (Correct answer: Parliamentary Republic)
Leader: President? George? I can’t make the noise, so I can’t pronounce it. (Correct answer: Sauli Niinisto)

Name: Sweden
Capital: Silence (Stockholm)
Location: Europe?
Type of Government:  I’m done…. I do not want to do this (Correct answer: Hereditary Monarchy)
Leader: Yeah, I’m done (Correct answer: Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden)

Name: Venezuela
Capital: Caracas
Location: South America
Type of Government:  Hugo Chavez dictatorship (Correct answer: Constitutional Republic)
Leader: Maduro

Name: China
Capital: Beijing
Location: Asia
Type of Government: Single-party State
Leader:  Xi Jinping

(See, China knows everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment